TEMPORARY MUSEUM FOR NEW DESIGN
A not-to-be-missed rendez-vous with global design, research, quality, innovation, great architects and young designers, international brands, experimentation and new tradition, the latest technology, the creative industries, the new generation, emotional exhibitions and actual business opportunities, tomorrow's products and projects, is at Superstudio in Milan, in its locations in via Tortona and via Forcella, during the Salone Internazionale del Mobile 2014. Giant installations, museum-like exhibitions, impressive galleries where design turns into art, dedicated meeting areas, relaxing lounges, a temporary shop and an always open press office.
A SUCCESS THAT HAS BEEN REPEATING FOR 15 YEARS, MADE EVEN GREATER BY THE "TEMPORARY MUSEUM" CONCEPT.WITH A GREAT PREVIEW: NEXT OCTOBER THE TEMPORARY MUSEUM GOES TO DUBAI, WITH AN INSTALLATION OF SELECTED OBJECT WITHIN THE DOWNTOWNDESIGN FAIR
1.Temporary Museum for New Design: for the past 6 years now the best and most prestigious event during the Fuorisalone, it looks at big brands in the field of design, architecture, lighting, automotive, etc.The event is strongly grounded on a museum-like format: spaces divided into large galleries (from 70m2 up), emotional and impressive projects, supervision of the coordinated images of common areas and communication elements.
The extraordinary success of past editions determined the Temporary Museum to be the best stage for big Companies and leading designers. The event is internationally acknowledged as synonym of innovation, research, and quality, a place where business and culture coexist. Participants are asked a creative effort to go over the usual logic of the trade show presenting a full catalogue of products, and conceive the exhibition as an artistic installation in a museum rather then a commercial display. The selection procedure will start next September and priority will be given to inquiries for large sizes.
2. Discovering: special section of the Temporary Museum for New Design dedicated to young designers, upcoming realities, and creative professionals from all over the world, it offers small spaces and reduced rates.Also in this case participants are asked to focus on a selection of new, striking products. We do propose basic standard unit of 16m2 within big open spaces and many other different solutions; common set-up guidelines for all exhibitors. For more details please see the document here attached.
3. Freedom: is Superstudio's project aimed at giving visibility and publicity to 100 international talents, selected for their originality and intelligence, who will present a single product or design or prototype representative of their creativity, offering insights into trends in contemporary living, without the constraints of industrial production. A cheerful and surprising, lively and unpredictable bazaar of good ideas where - in small areas that all of the same size, 2x2 m - the most innovative proposals will be displayed in sequence and visitors will have the opportunity to buy on site.
4. Special Projects: various projects based on specific topics, to be defined. For example, Selected Objects (small stands for products selected by the Board of Superstudio) Art-design, Outdoor Living, Temporary Architecture, Next Generation (reserved to Design and Architecture institutes, academies and schools), etc.
- Superstudio Più is the most important private exhibition centre in the City, the main focus of the whole neighbourhood and a location of great prestige. Superstudio 13 is the base of our famous shooting studios established in 1983. Together they offer an exhibition area of more than 15.000 m2.- Superstudio was the first who started the Fuori Salone in zona Tortona in 2000. During the years its key activity has been contributing in a decisive way to the great success of the event. The Temporary Museum for New Design concept was launched in 2009, while 2011 was the turn of Discovering, two events greatly followed by media and professionals from all over the word, with more than 100.000 visitors, 3.000 journalists, 50 Companies, 100 young talents, and several collectives and collateral events.
- Other spaces: collateral exhibitions, to be defined. In the past years different happenings took place in the adjoining areas such the ex-Ansaldo building in via Tortona.
A SPECIAL OCCASION IN DUBAI
FOR CONTEMPORARY DESIGN
TOGETHER WITH SUPERSTUDIO -
PARTICIPATION UPON INVITATION ONLY - LIMITED AVAILABILITY
Superstudio will take part in the new fair Downtown Design in Dubai, from October 29th to November 1st, invited by the Government of Dubai and the Fair Organization to present the concept of the "Temporary Museum for New Design" with a stunning installation.
A limited number of companies - no more than 10/15 - will be represented with a single product selected by Superstudio, as an example of the best contemporary design in different fields.
Companies can participate upon invitation or they can be exceptionally selected specifically applying for this event and submitting an iconic and innovative product.
Downtown Design is an international design trade fair of select quality brands exhibiting products, trends and concepts never-before seen in the region.
Organized by the visionary team behind Art Dubai and Design Days Dubai - two of the region's most successful annual fairs - Downtown Design is the premier venue in the Middle East to showcase the very best in furniture, lighting, accessories, textiles and new technologies. Emphasizing quality, innovation and research, the fair aims to highlight contemporary, yet timeless, values in a creative atmosphere to a captive audience.
Superstudio is proud of being invited to be part of it, to present the concept of its “Temporary Museum for New Design” and with the participation of selected companies.
Temporary Museum for New Design - Milan
Superstudio Più- Via Tortona 27
Superstudio 13- Via Forcella 13 / Via Bugatti 9
And in Dubai, within Downtown Design
For general information, costs and terms of participation:
Ph. +39 02 422501